Re: waxol

Subject: Re: waxol
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 13:33:54 -0800
Cc: Triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
TeriAnn Wakeman wrote:

> So where is the powerful anti rust component that Waxol says is suspended
> in the mix??

I'm guessing here, as I couldn't find a MSDS for Waxoyl brand itself.
But, there are several similar products marketed in the US (for
industrial and marine applications), they seem to all have a small
amount (5-10%) of CALCIUM PETROLEUM SULFONATE as an ingredient.  Not
sure how 'powerful' it is, but it's apparently used in other places as
an anti-oxidant and pH improver.  It would appear to be missing from the
formula FT posted ...

TeriAnn, I found a link posted to the LandRover list back in '98 to a
Waxoyl MSDS hosted by Cornell U.  The page is gone, and their search
engine no longer has the name 'Waxoyl' in it.  Perhaps one of the LR
listers saved a copy of the page ?

Randall