emissions

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: emissions
From: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001 08:33:02 -0500
There are several national organizations fighting for antique cars &
emissions, the largest of which is "COVA", based in Illinois, they are
getting bigger and stronger and are now being heard in state capitals as
well as D.C.. On the local level here in Va. we pay a personel property tax
on our cars =every= year, one man got mad, started writing every car club in
the state, found a antique car owner in the state senate and a bill was
passed that exempted all antique cars (25 years) from personel property
taxes and state inspections as well as emissions, passed the Va house on
Delgates by a 99 to 0 vote another first on that margin of voting, so yes
you can be heard & felt, you just need to get together as many clubs as
possible and start shouting with letters to the proper people, after all
that's all the opposition is doing ==numbers are strength, voting can be
cruel. "FT"