Forwarded: RE: Now I realllllly hate emissions testing....

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Forwarded: RE: Now I realllllly hate emissions testing....
From: List Administration <lists@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 23:45:04 -0700 (MST)
For some reason, this was sent to me rather than triumphs@autox.team.net.

mjb.
----

     From: "Keith A. Bay" <kabay@execpc.com>
     Subject: RE: Now I realllllly hate emissions testing....
     Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 23:21:21 -0600

Paul, et. al.,

Since you ask (though it wasn't me) Wisconsin is one state that requires
cars built after 1967 to pass the emissions standards that were in place for
the year they were built every other year if they are registered with
'regular' plates. If you put a collectors plate on the car it has to pass
when it is first titled in the state and every time it changes ownership but
only has to pass on those single occasions.

It cost me over $300 to get my 1973 GT6 MkIII to pass and I had to get
(borrow) an air cleaner enclosure (air box) to meet the standards for
"proper emissions control equipment". The inspector gave me some song &
dance that my K & N cleaners were not allowed because 'open air cleaners'
were prohibited in the state.

At least we won't ever have to go see those guys again!

Keith A. Bay
Hartland, WI

1973 GT6 MkIII   Commission #KF20729U