OD tranny mounting plate

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: OD tranny mounting plate
From: Rob Christopher <robc@cisco.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 14:58:02 -0500
Hi everyone,

I'm perhaps a couple of days away from having CF28217UO, my TR6,  at the
rolling chassis state and I just came across my transmission rear mount
plate in a box.  I've cleaned it up and painted it, but don't know which
holes it gets mounted to on the frame.

There are three sets of holes in frame mounting flanges, does the cross
piece go in the forward two sets or the rearward two sets for a
transmission with a J-type OD?

I also have two spacers that were in the baggie.  They are 1/4" thick
and about 3" long and 1" wide and the holes in them match the holes in
the cross piece.  Do these go between the cross piece and frame to lift
the cross piece the 1/4", or are they for underneath the frame mount
points to increase the strength of the mounting piece?

Rob
Ottawa, ON
74.5  TR6   CF28217UO  (now with two wheels on the chassis, soon to be
three!!)

P.S.  Yeah, I know I will figure it out when I put the engine/tranny
combo on the frame, but that'll be months from now.