RE: TR4 Transmission Question

To: Michael Thompson <miket@rio.edu>, triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR4 Transmission Question
From: Brian Sanborn <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 09:42:19 -0500
>===== Original Message From Michael Thompson <miket@rio.edu> =====
>Hi All,
>I have a small problem with my transmission and while I have it out for
>some engine work I thought I might try and do something about it.
>The Problem: Under quick deceleration it pops out of 2nd gear.
>What needs replaced? a syncro? a bushing?

Mike,

In my opinion... from personal rebuild on my own gearbox and listining to the
list for a few years... I think the likely culprit is a worn bushing or less
likely a broken snap ring. Something is creating too much play in the stack of
gears on the mainshaft.

Have fun... a gearbox rebuild is a interesting project.

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4  CT16260L(O) - Groton, MA

My TR4 Restoration Web Site
http://www.net1plus.com/users/sanborn