Re: Leaking spitfire

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "David Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>
Subject: Re: Leaking spitfire
From: "levilevi" <levilevi@home.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 20:39:37 -0700
"The problem is when it rains the spare tire has water in it."

The spare must have a leak somewhere!!!

Seriously, I don't know about Spits but a TR6 has various plugs, in the
spare tire well, under the gas tank, etc. where water can get in when you're
driving.  Also there's a grommet for the fuel line and of course the wheel
wells could be leaking into the spare tire well.

You didn't say if this happened while driving or standing still.  If it's
just standing there it could be the boot lid seal leaking.  It might look OK
but the adhesive could be bad (dried out) and leaking under it.

Bud Rolofson
71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
66TR4A CTC57806 (The Wreck-Almost Parts)
66TR4A CTC57529 (The Project)