Re: TR3 Spare ???

To: phillup@bellsouth.net, triumphs-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3 Spare ???
From: BPAULTR3@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 02:53:36 EDT
In a message dated 10/17/2001 9:48:07 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
phillup@bellsouth.net writes:

> Thanks for all the response. Those of you with TS #s close to mine have
> 165s that fit or are using 155s. TeriAnn ask what make of tyre I was
> using. It's a Michelin 165 x 15 ZX (retread). Maybe I need to push
> harder
> or use some vaseline

Actually I use liquid soap.  Tie a length of nylon cord abound the wheel and
tire through the center of the wheel with a short length of broom handle on
the end.  To remove the spare tug on cord holding on to the broom handle so
it does not cut into your hand.  I have to put both my feet up on the car on
either side of the spare storage opening and pull hard to get out the spare.
Works OK though.

Bob Paul
Corrales, NM