Re: 71 TR6 Windshield Removal??

To: "Tim McArtor" <tmcartor@erols.com>, "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 71 TR6 Windshield Removal??
From: "Nelson Riedel" <nriedel@nextek.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 14:08:22 -0400

Tim,

I assume you're referring to the 6 bolts that hold the windscreen mounting
brackets, 3 on each side. Two are on each side at the upper rear of the front
wings.  These are accessible by opening the doors.  The other 2, 1 on each side
are accessible by removing the carpet on each side of the footwell.  These six
bolts need not be removed, just loosened.   There are nuts on the end of the
windscreen cylinders that fit in the brackets that must be removed.  The
cylinders are usually rusted into the brackets, so be prepared for a struggle.
I grease those cylinders when I reassemble it.

Nelson Riedel
Granville, OH
76 TR6 (repairing damage from fender bender)
68 TR250 (next project - new paint)
70 TR6 (all the parts in a pile ready to assemble)

Subject: 71 TR6 Windshield Removal??