Spitfire timing

To: "St. Louis Triumph Owners Association" <triumphs@sltoa.org>, "List, Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spitfire timing
From: "Houghtaling" <oldtoys@brick.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 00:56:59 -0500
List Members,

I have a 63 Spitfire that I am trying to figure out how to set the timing
on.  First, I can't find any timing marks.  I see one small hole in the fly
wheel.  Is this it?  There are no other scale marks on the fly wheel and
only one pointer hanging off the timing chain cover.  Am I missing something
here?  My Haynes manual says the timing should be 170 BTDC.  But they don't
say what to do if I can't find any scale marks.  Any help would be
appreciated.

Thanks,
Creig Houghtaling
63 Spitfire
Fenton, MO
St. Louis Triumph Owners Association
www.sltoa.org

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type application/ms-tnef which had a
name of winmail.dat]