TR3 Top Bows

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3 Top Bows
From: "Brewer, Bill" <bbrewer@LEHIGHCEMENT.COM>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 12:00:43 -0400
     Getting ready for the top bows.
     It looks like the bottom top bow actually fits in to where the rear
interior panel goes under the rear capping. Is the top bow what holds the
top of the rear interior panel in place?
     I am mixed up as to where the top bow webbing terminates. I thought
that the end of the webbing stops at a metal plate that has a maching screw
on one side and a lift-a-dot fastener on the other and this bolts into the
double threade holes on each side behind the rear capping. Looking at the
bows, it looks like the webbing terminates on the last bow and that this
holds the rear interior panel in place under the rear capping.
     Also, assuming that the plate with the machine screw and the lift-a-dot
where the webbing terminates (assuming it does), does the lift-a-dot
fastener go towards the middle of the car or outboard? I believe that it is
inboard, but am double checking.
     Can someone straighten me out on this?

     Bill Brewer
     1960 & 1961 TR3A's