Re: A type OD leaks

To: Brian Sanborn <sanborn@net1plus.com>, TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: A type OD leaks
From: "James R. Holekamp" <jholekamp@attglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 13:38:00 -0500
Brian, The thin red gasket (adapter plate to OD case) came from TRF (acquired
some time ago) and the thicker black gasket was recently bought from Victoria
British - part # 2-8605, $1.45. Spec on the material I cut the gasket from is:

ROL Gaskets, Rubberized Fiber, 10" x 26" x 1/32", ROL no: RK1016, interchanges
to: FELP: 3137, VICT: JV127/JV210. made in USA.

This came from one of the chain auto parts places (Sunday purchase) and is very
much like the material the Victoria British gasket is made of.

The adapter plate to GBX case gasket was simple paper gasket material and made
up well with Hylomar. I think there is considerably less chance for plate
warping effecting this joint.

brgds, Jay

'64 TR4 CT38895/LO - Wheaton, IL