Re: TR6 opinions requested

To: <Ggendreau@aol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 opinions requested
From: "Martin Secrest" <msecrest@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 09:49:11 -0400
Gary:

They're all relatively easy to work on, but the easiest model years might be
'69-'73.  Thereafter, they acquire some smog devices, but the later years
shouldn't deter you either.

For your situation, I'd suggest getting a car that is fully sorted out.
Have an LBC mechanic thoroughly inspect it before you buy.  (This inspection
should take about 2 hours.)  In the DC metro area, Motorhead in VA does this
inspection very well.

Pay in the vicinity of 8-10 thousand dollars for said car, and enjoy.

===
Martin Secrest
73 GT6 (driver)
72 TR6 (weekender)
Arlington, VA

"I am a pitbull on the pantleg of opportunity." - George W. Bush