Re: TR4 Revival

Subject: Re: TR4 Revival
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2001 20:05:12 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Riff Brown wrote:

> - What brand/kind of brake fluid would be a good choice?  I seem to remember
> someone on this last saying the "american" brake fluids weren't compatible
> with the TR.

If you aren't replacing all the seals, then you should stick with
Castrol, Girling, or any brand of DOT-5.  At the very least tho, you
should change all the fluid, as it will have absorbed water even with
the car stored.  All things considered, it's probably best to rebuild
all the hydraulics, the kits don't cost a great deal and with
single-circuit brakes, failures can be hazardous to your underwear.

Randall
59 TR3A daily driver - with DOT-5 for many years