Re: Change to Yahoo ??? Blasphemy?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Change to Yahoo ??? Blasphemy?
From: "Tom O'Malley" <tomomalley@meganet.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2001 21:53:47 -0400
A web-based mail group?

You mean the "NASCAR" of messaging systems? :-)

Uh....no thanks.  On occasion I'm forced to use these things and I
find them about as enjoyable as a root canal.  I'm amazed that
something as simple and efficient as 7 bit email would be traded for
those overblown, hyper-cookie spam generators.  I've just finished a
posting on one of the things and a copy of what I wrote isn't even on
my own machine...it's, uh, *out there*....somewhere.

Given the pace of the WWW constantly polling the ad machines, I'll bet
I could read ten messages here to each one pulled off the web.

>I say this list is broke and needs fixed, or changed.

I dunno John.  I've been on this list for over six years.  (was only
british-cars back then)  It has been amazingly reliable.  I can count
on one hand the times the mail was delayed more than 24 hours.

IMO, this is 100% due to the efforts of Mark Bradakis.  In fact you're
reminding me that Mark must be coming up on some kind of anniversary.
He must be at this about 10 years now.  Anybody know?

Cheers!
Tom O'Malley <who'd rather *push* a Triumph than drive web mail>