Re: Aluminum heat shield

To: "Don Spence" <dspence@oanet.com>
Subject: Re: Aluminum heat shield
From: "Kinderlehrer" <kinderlehrer@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 09:19:55 -0700
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Another alternative is the "space age" felt backed aluminum.  It's available
from our good friends at JCWhiney. Check out
http://www.jcwhitney.com/productnoitem.jhtml?CATID=5311&BQ=jcw2
There is also a similar product avaialble at Pep Boys.  I looked at the
bubble sandwich at Home Depot.  I opted for the felt, because I felt (sorry,
pun unavoidable) that the bubbles would be more of a bouncy feel under foot
and I had this vision of my wife in spike heels trying to see how many
bubbles she could pop. I have no real justification for those felts, I mean
feelings.

There was a thread a little while back on installation.  Basically, cut to
size (I left a little overlap), and use spray glue.  General consensus was
glue the backing to the carpet, not the floor, for easy removal.

Bob