TR6 for sale

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 for sale
From: "Mayer, Dennis" <mayerd@imsports.msu.edu>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 09:03:48 -0400
Hello Listers -
        Is anyone interested in a 1973 TR6 that I have? Let me explain -
Last summer I was out for a drive looking for a car for my son and I came
across this cute red car sticking halfway out of some guy's barn in the
country. It was a mess but it was a Triumph TR6, a car I always wanted back
in the 70's. ( I owned a Spitfire when I was in college for a few years.) I
asked the guy if I could buy it and he sold it to me. Somehow I got it home
and began to clean it up and get it running again. That took some time but
it was fun having my son work with me and see it run again. I put it away in
a storage area during our Michigan winter. Well, this summer I just don't
have time or the money to fix it up. It has rust on the body and the frame
so I don't know if one would want to sink a lot of money into it.
        But I have to admit it runs great! The engine is real good,
transmission is good, rear end OK, tires are good, paint is good. Bumpers
are in good shape, rims and tires good, hood good, trunk good, lights work
OK, battery good. The body has rust, frame has rust, interior needs lots of
work, dash is not great, some gauges work some don't. Car is fun to drive
and runs great! But someone needs to know more than I do and have lots more
time than I have. We enjoy tooling around in it and getting looks from folks
so believe me its not bad looking at all. I just want to get it to someone
who can make better use of it. Wish I could enclose a picture with this but
don't have that option. I'm asking $850.00 for it. I don't have the time to
part it out but I guess you could make a lot more if you did that.
        If anyone is interested I live in the Lansing, Michigan area. Email
me and I'll give you a phone number to call if you want more information.
Thanks for all the help that this site has given me while I repaired the
car. This has been a great resource for me to use.

        Dennis Mayer
        73 TR6