TR4 rear right clunk

To: Noah.Freeman@bain.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4 rear right clunk
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 17:13:08 EDT
Noah,

I would check shock links and rear body spacers (1/4" thick aluminum spacers
between body and frame can drop out), also check shock bolts (2 of them) may
be moving under the torque so look closely as they need to be VERY TIGHT.
I would put rear axle on solid jack stands so you can lay under car and push
up and down on frame to recreate noise while getting a good view. Chocking
front wheels a real good idea as the rear parking brake doesn't work in the
air.

Regarding rug fastening - Order the Free Parts Catalogues from the 'Big 3'.

Moss Catalogue TR2 to 4A:                               1-800-667-7872
Victoria British Catalogue TR2 to 250:              1-800-255-0088
The Roadster Factory Catalogue TR4 to 4-A:    1-800-678-8764

They provide great diagrams, parts descriptions, and of course - sell most of
the parts - even the proper rug snaps!   I STRONGLY RECOMMEND GETTING ALL 3
CATALOGUES ASAP .. especially if you want to save hours of valuable time.

Carl Sereda
'63 TR4 since '74 - CT22326L