re:vacuum sources and theory

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "105671.471@compuserve.com" <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Subject: re:vacuum sources and theory
From: Anthony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 08:08:51 -0400
Dave,
I still do not understand the physical and operational differences of the vacuum
port for advance and retard.

Do you know of a source that shows a vacuum vs throttle position graph.  I am
interested to see what the shape of the curve is and where the peak is....

I'd expect that the CD principle would cause the vacuum at the port to
have a plateau after a while as the throttle is opened (i.e. the piston, not the
throttle position is regulating vacuum to the port.

Can you describe the graph in words?

-Tony

Message text written by INTERNET:owner-triumphs-digest@autox.team.net
<