TR250 brake lights always on

To: Skip Montanaro <skip@pobox.com>
Subject: TR250 brake lights always on
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2001 20:03:56 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by Skip Montanaro
>I'm still getting things reconnected and readjusted on my TR250.  Today I
hooked up the brake light switch.  Now, when the ignition is on the brake
lights are always on.  I don't see any adjustment at the switch.  Do I
perhaps just have an extra washer (or a too thick washer) at the switch?
Is
there some adjustment possibility I'm missing?
<

Skip, is the brake pedal returning all the way?  There should be a spring
that pulls it all the way back to the stop.  If the spring is missing or if
the switch plunger is frozen then the pedal won't actuate the switch to
turn off the brake lights.

Also the metal bracket that holds the switch may be bent and you may have
to bend it back where it belongs.

Good luck

Dave