The Invisible car rises

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: The Invisible car rises
From: Don Spence <dspence@oanet.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 10:30:38 -0600
Hi all
I'm new to this list. After a 14 year hiatus, I.m reassembling my 4A. ( I
figure the paint has cured by now)  The guys in the local club long ago
nicknamed it the "invisible  car" as it was not to be seen for such a long
time. The body was restored and painted 14 years ago however it has sat
since in a garage. The time has come to get it back on the road!!

Any advice as to things to do... check out etc on a car that has sat this
long would be appreciated. I do intend to install hardened exhaust valve
seats, rings and bearings, (the engine has 17,000 miles since a major
rebuild including liners pistons etc.)

I'm also presuming I'll have to replace wheel and clutch slave cylinders.
Time will tell.

Any tips on how to R & R the bracket on the bottom of the door glass? I'd
like to replace the splash shields before reinstalling the glass.

Any advice appreciated
Thanks
Don