Re: Inert Inertial Reel

To: "Adrian" <dixie4@wales.freeserve.co.uk>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Inert Inertial Reel
From: "Martin Secrest" <msecrest@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2001 10:51:28 -0400
My '73 GT6 seems to have an inertial reel device, not the kind of retractor
that locks up upon a sudden tug of the belt.  (Unfortunately, my manual says
nothing about these retractors ...)

I've been told that the retractor needs to be mounted at a certain angle to
function, and I'm currently experimenting with that.  I loosened the
mounting bolt and tilted it rearward, but that hasn't helped.  Guess I'll go
the other way next.

Strangely, sometimes when I'm pulling on the belt slowly to put it on, the
thing locks up, but never any other time.  Go figure.

--
Martin Secrest
73 GT6