RE: TR4: non-problematic problems (MS-joke free)

To: "Steven Newell" <steven@cravetechnology.com>, "Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR4: non-problematic problems (MS-joke free)
From: "Brian Sanborn" <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2001 08:55:26 -0400
during the day -- I didn't think it would rain that much -- and
luckily I had the hood in the boot. On both sides, rain trickles
down the inside of the side windows about 4 inches back from the
front of the window. Will my doors fill up with water eventually?
Is there a way to get the top to seal better? No leaks anywhere
else to speak of, just that slow trickle. <<<<

Steven,

Don't put up with the leaks.  I drove a 100+ miles to Stowe VT
for "British Invasion" last fall in a downpour. (dumb)  I had
water leaking from the corner of my windshield but none from the
top or side windows.

The top of the window should contact the top tightly and sit just
under the rain gutter sewn in to the top.  If this is not what
you have... there is some adjustment available in the window
mechanism in the door for height and angle.

My windows press hard on the top and I had no leaks on the old
top or the new just installed last year.

Brian Sanborn
'62 TR4  CT16260L-O - Groton, MA

My TR4 Restoration Web Site
http://www.net1plus.com/users/sanborn