RE: TR6 fuel cell/TR6 aluminum gas tank

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net '" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR6 fuel cell/TR6 aluminum gas tank
From: Jim Hill <Jim_Hill@chsra.wisc.edu>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 11:45:38 -0500
john matthews wrote:

>I have seen cells that fit inside the spare tire
>well, but they were really expensive ISTR ~$800-$900.

The Fuel-Safe cell in my TR6 vintage race car fits in the spare tire well
and holds 22 gallons. It was not cheap, but was not in the $800 range when I
bought it 3 years ago. It is a stock-dimension cell, but was a perfect fit
for the TR6 well. Prices vary from "list" depending on who you ask, so it
pays to check around.

>If you're planning to race the car...check with the
>scrutineers before buying anything.

Absolutely. On the other hand, if you're NOT planning to race the car, you
may be able to use just the Fuel-Safe (or other) container without the
interior cell. The safety considerations involved in where you mount it I
leave to you.

Jim Hill
Madison WI