TR6 Stalling

To: "Ross Fox" <rossjfox@hotmail.com>
Subject: TR6 Stalling
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 20:04:43 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by "Ross Fox"
>I've got a problem with my 75 TR6.  It generally seems to run fine,
however,
if after driving a long distance at high (3000) RPM (i.e. highway driving),

if the clutch is pressed to allow a sudden return to idle, the car may (it
doesn't always do it) stall.  No warning, just stop.  It easily restarts,
and may not happen again for hours.  If I lower the RPM's slowly by leaving

it in gear as I slow down, and remove it from gear only after nearly
reaching idle, it will never stall.
<

Ross, try disconnecting the vacuum retard and resetting the idle to 800 and
try it again.  It is possible that the vacuum retard is overactive and
can't respond fast enough when winding down from 3000 RPM that quickly.
I've noticed something similar on my TR6 but it doesn't die.  Comes
close...

Dave