TR3 Fuel Pump Leaking

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3 Fuel Pump Leaking
From: "Allen, Warren" <Warren.Allen@infores.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 08:33:46 -0500
Cc: "'Rob Breakstone'" <Robert_Breakstone@pillowtex.com>
Listers,

I noticed last night that my TR3 fuel pump is slowly leaking from inside.
I'm trying to decide between a new pump ($36) and a rebuild kit ($18).  Has
anybody BTDT? Does the kit result in a well-functioning unit, or am I better
off getting the new pump? Any difference in pumps or rebuild kits sold by
the big three?  The Moss catalog says "kit does not include seal for
diaphragm shaft."  Is that a problem?  BTW, my pump is a repro, not the
original with the priming lever.  Does the rebuild kit work with the repro
pump?  Is there anything else I need to know?

Thanks in advance for all your advice.

Warren Allen
1960 TR3A TS55177L (leaking explosif fluif)