TR4A Measurements

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4A Measurements
From: icesailr@mail.netacc.net
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 01:31:42 -0400
Art Kelly writes:

Folks, any one help him on this?  My TR4 has never been on a trailer.  :-).
Please answer him directly.  Thanks.

Art,
I checked and the following measurements I found.

Wheelbase:                      7' 4"
Track Front (Disc wheels)       4' 1"
        Rear (Disc wheels)      4' 0"
      Front (Wire wheels)       4' 2"
        Rear (Wire wheels)      4' 1"
Ground clearance                6"

Exterior Dimemsions:
Overall Length          12' 10"
  "     Width                   4' 9 1/2"
  "     Height          4' 2"

Weight:
Dry (excluding extra equipment                  2128 lb.
Complete (including fuel,oil,water and tools)   2240 lb.

I used a U-Haul trailer to bring my two home, one at a time of course. The
trailer is a flat bed trailer 12' long and 6' wide with corrugated steel
floor and 2' high sides and twin axels. This trailer has a fold down
tailgate also. The whole trailer was galvanized steel. (this just to be
able to identify it to the U-Haul people) I cut a pair of 12' 2x10's and
used a 6'pair on each side as ramps to drive up on to the trailer. I
secured the car on the trailer and left the tailgate open bringing the cars
home as the inside dimention of trailer is only 12' and car is 12'plus. I
ran both of my cars home at highway speeds on trips that were 14 hrs. and
11 hrs respectively so the trailer can handle the load. I hardly knew it
was there except when I got to a hill. If you care to use this type trailer
and are not able to identify it to the U-haul people, drop me an e-mail
directly and I will get the model number from my supplier. PS Don't tell
them you are hauling a car. lol   I hope this helps you out.

Rick

1966 TR4A IRS
1966 TR4A LA