Re: VIR Homecoming - Weekend Driving Report

To: "Scott Tilton" <sdtilton@yahoo.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: VIR Homecoming - Weekend Driving Report
From: "Martin Secrest" <msecrest@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 15:10:57 -0400
VIR is a really cool race track.  I was there the weekend before last,
racing my 100cc laydown kart, and that is one devilish course.  We used only
2.25 miles of it, but that's still 15 turns and two big elevation changes.
Everyone remarked that there's no time for snoozin' if you want to stay on
the pavement at VIR.

The track was reconstructed and reopened last year, having sat dormant since
its first life between 1957-74.  It's been beautifully redone, and has a
distinguished racing history.  Carroll Shelby said "one lap at VIR is like a
hundred at Watkins Glen."   Check it out at http://www.virclub.org

--
Martin Secrest
72 TR6

> George Wright took 3rd in his class in his super fast TR4.
> The two cars that beat him weren't ever really street cars I don't think.
They