Re: Replacing hook on TR3 hood latch ?

To: pleask@mailhost.wlc.com, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Replacing hook on TR3 hood latch ?
From: Gbouff1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 13:45:30 EDT
Pat,

I carefully did a little grinding on the end of the rivet shaft to make it
flush with the washer and was able to pop it off.  I then used the same rivet
and washer to install the new hook.  I was able to "sqeeze" the old rivet and
washer together so that the shaft of the rivett slightly protruded through
the washer.  I then took a sharp punch to dimple the center of the end of the
rivet shaft, this expanded the end of the shaft enough to lock the washer on
to the shaft.

I hope that this helps.

Gary Bouffard
59 TR3A  TS58399