Yahoo

Subject: Yahoo
From: "Ken Gano" <triumphs@mcleodusa.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2001 12:17:14 -0500
For those who have been following my almost 6 year saga, TS57756L (The Hot
Rod) pulled itself down the driveway, under its own power, for the first
time since 1972!!!!  Yahoo, Yahoo.

I was afraid the clutch would be to heavy (Land Rover) and that the aluminum
fly wheel would cause it to be very touchy, but I was able to take off and
hit 2nd gear without any real problems (those who know the driveway, know
it's not long enough for much more.  In fact, the brakes got a first class
test right before I hit the street :))

There are still, of course, a million things to do, but this is a real
milestone for me.  I must say it would not have been at all possible without
the support and encouragement of this list and the good friends I have made
here.  Particular thanks goes out to Dan M., Dave M and Fred T., all of whom
have given generously of their time and expertise.

Excited!!!

Ken Gano