RE: TR4 Carpet

To: Michael Hart <harty47@yahoo.com>, Triumph Net <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR4 Carpet
From: Brian Sanborn <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 15:03:56 -0400
>===== Original Message From Michael Hart <harty47@yahoo.com> =====
Need new carpet for my 63 TR4, and welcome any suggestions as to what's
available, what's good, and vendors.

Mike,

I just installed the TRF Magic Carpet set that is designed to replicate the
gray rayon loop carpet that was original on all TR4s.  Up until recently all
replacement kits have been black, blue, red or whatever. TR4As, 250s and TR6s
came with colors.  But the TR4... only came with dark gray charcoal carpets.

I am really please with the quality, overall fit and final appearance.  I did
have to do some cutting to make them fit over the gearbox tunnel.  Their
pattern must assume that the gearbox tunnel bracket goes over the carpet which
I don't think is correct and doesn't fit anyway... at least not on my car.  I
had to cut about an inch off the front of the gearbox piece.  You don't see it
anyway.

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4  CT16260L-O - Groton, MA

My TR4 Restoration Web Site