Re: road hogs

To: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: road hogs
From: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@home.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 19:16:27 -0400
> A little humor on this subject, while traveling through the mountains of
> Tenn. & Kentucky recently in a very severe thunderstorm we came up on the
> back of a flat bed tractor trailer passing another truck, the rain was so
> hard and then the blow-off from the tractor in front of us made visibilty
> poor, the driver looks up and says "visibility is really bad Fred", yep
says
> I, especially at 90MPH, I laughed for 2 days, laughing like heck as I
write
> this. Visibility is bad, and no I will not tell you who the driver was.
> "FT"

Fog in western Pa can be fun too- I was driving out to Pittsburgh along the
Pa Turnpike, out in the mountains(Well, for the East Coast they are...) and
hit a several miles long fog. Up and down I went, curve after curve,
following the taillights of an auto carrier a short(!) distance ahead- we
were both running about 30...Finally it cleared. The next time I went out, I
remembered the section, and took care to enjoy the scenic view afforded when
the sun was out, and no fog- you could see for miles from the side of
mountain/steep drop I missed while following the little red taillight and
white side line through the fog.

Scott