Re: Hogging the fast lane

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hogging the fast lane
From: "Nelson Riedel" <nriedel@nextek.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 11:15:51 -0400
> "Scott A. Roberts" wrote:
> >
> > When
> > they keep it up, I tap the brake just enough to flash my brake lights.
>
> I like to shoot at gratuitous brake lights in the fast lane, they make
> good targets !
>
> Article in the LA Times a few years ago ... seems this woman was doing
> 55 in the fast lane, heavy traffic, large gap in front of her, and
> someone came up close behind her and flashed their lights.  So she
> slowed down.  Took a warning shot from a .38 in the back window.  The
> paper talked about how terrible 'road rage' was, but my reaction was
> 'Good !  There's one driver who won't hog the fast lane anymore' <g>

Come on folks, life is too short to let the inconsiderate parasites that
block the fast lane, take two parking spaces, crowd in front of you at the
theater ticket line, etc. upset you.  They are not worth it!  Suggest you
recognize that there is 20% (+ or -) that are asses and they will never
change, except maybe to get worse, and there is not much you can do about
it.  Suggest you direct the frustration toward teaching your children to be
considerate of others.

Each person adds some value some place. In the case of these slobs, they
make the average considerate Joe and Jane look like saints and maybe someday
they will enrich the soil, hopefully sooner than later.

Nelson Riedel
Granville, OH
76 TR6 (just painted, now repairing damage from fender bender)
68 TR250 (next project - new paint)
70 TR6 (all the parts in a pile ready to assemble)