RE: SPIN ON LUBE OIL FILTER

To: "Jerry Goulet" <jgoulet@thomsontechnology.com>, "Triumphs@Autox.team.net" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: SPIN ON LUBE OIL FILTER
From: "Brian Sanborn" <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 20:27:14 -0400
Jerry,

 From a previous reply:

> I would recommend that you consider the higher quality "5
micron" ( I think
> that's right) filters from Mobil-1, WIX and others.  If you go
to the auto
> supply store you will find high function $6-9 filters from many
manufactures...
> just look up the cross reference for the Fram PH3600.  I use a
Mobil-1 M209...
> They keep the oil clean and new looking for a long time.

You can use the following premium 5 micron filters:

A/C Delco PFL400A
Purolator Pure-One PL20195
Mobil 1 M1209,
Motorcraft FL400S,

Some other cheaper.. regular ones are:

A.C. Delco PF56
FRAM PH3600
Motorcraft FL400
Purolator L20195
Wix 51516
NAPA 1516
Hastings LF134,135
Amsoil ASF34

Brian Sanborn
'62 TR4  CT16260L-O - Groton, MA

My TR4 Restoration Web Site
http://www.net1plus.com/users/sanborn
From: "Steven Newell" <steven@cravetechnology.com>
To: "Brian Sanborn" <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Subject: Re: TR6:  Correct Spin-on Filter?
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 14:17:31 -0400

Brian Sanborn wrote:

> I would recommend that you consider the higher quality "5
micron" ( I think
> that's right) filters from Mobil-1, WIX and others.  If you go
to the auto
> supply store you find high function $6-9 filters from many
manufactures...
> just look up the cross reference for the PH3600.  I use a
Mobil-1 M20?...
> can't remember.   They keep the oil clean and new looking for a
long time.

> I have a list at home if you want more examples

Brian, I could use some details there. I have a spin-on adaptor
on my TR4
and the only number I got from the PO was the Fram. I'd like more
choices.
TIA.

--
Steven Newell