Re: Occasional seat

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Occasional seat
From: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 23:10:05 +0100
So far, this thread seems to have concentrated on the rear seat in a
sidescreen TR. Has anyone mentioned the individual bucket seat that
was located between the two main seats and slightly forward of them -
and I've missed seeing it? This was a Stanpart accessory for a kid up
to about ten years of age. I can give personal testament to its
comfort but looking at them now, that instrument centre panel was just
the thing for a rapidly advancing small head. In these seat belt /
roll cage / airbag days, it makes me shudder at the risks parents took
with their offspring when that part was enthusiastically offered for
sale. However, I bless that seat for one memory. It was from it that I
got my first chance to change gear on a TR - though it did require
both hands on a new gearbox in a new car.

Jonmac