Re: Powder Coating Plastic

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Scott Tilton" <sdtilton@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Powder Coating Plastic
From: "levilevi" <levilevi@home.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2001 20:52:21 -0600
It's not the sticking to the part that's so much of the problem as it is the
400 degrees that the material has to survive in order to cure the powder.

I don't know if many of the plastic parts from the 60's and 70's that are on
our Triumphs could take 400 degrees.  I probably won't try it but if anyone
has I'd be interested in knowing the results....cause I've got some dust
covers (plastic) that I wish I could powder coat.  I'll probably just paint
them.

Bud Rolofson
71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
71TR6 CC65446 (Christmas Ornament)