TR-6 Fender Installation

To: "Patrick Bitton" <pbitton@axess.com>
Subject: TR-6 Fender Installation
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2001 21:21:27 -0400
Cc: "Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by "Patrick Bitton"
>The body of my car is just about done. I am going to install the fenders
in
a week or so and was wondering what I should use between the fender and the
tub. <

Patric, the best thing to get in there is a good coat of paint on all
surfaces.  This way any water that finds its way in there (and it will)
will not reach the paint.  The factory assembled these in primer and
painted the assembly (I think.  If I am wrong I'm sure someone will
gleefully correct me) and primer is not a good seal against moisture.

Then you might consider something non-hardening like window glazing.

Dave
71 TR6 (recently refurbed as described)