TR4A Worth ? (Need advice)

To: "TRlist" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4A Worth ? (Need advice)
From: "Pat" <pleask@mailhost.wlc.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2001 12:54:14 -0700
Well my friends, the day has come that I thought never would. I'm THINKING
of selling my 1966 TR4A "IRS" ! Now my TR3 project car is soon to be
painted, and only a few months away (If I take my time) to be on the road I
am asking myself why I have a TR3, TR4 a Mini and the Family Honda Odyssey
when I only have storage for two cars. I'm sure that when a sunny day comes
I'll take the 3 out over the 4. So I'm thinking, what if I sell my 4 and get
something really differant.... I'm looking at a TVR or a Lotus Europa in
need of
work. I figure if I can get enough for my TR4 to buy the other one and have
some
capital left over to work on it it may be worth while. And yes, I'm almost
44 so
call it my "Mid life crisis" "British style" !!

Bottom line is I'm not sure I will or can bring my self to do this... but in
order
to better assess my crazy idea I need to know all facts, and of course the
main
one is what is my car worth ? This is where I need some in put from you. I
have
looked on the Internet and a wide variety of prices. I'll give a brief
overview of the
car with a web link to a picture or two if you could take a peek.

As I said it is a 1966 TR4A "IRS".
It's never had a "Frame up"
Body is 100 % rust free with a total of about half a cup of bondo when it
was painted (Picture to prove)
Frame is also 100 % rust free
Trans fully rebuilt
Motor runs strong, no blue but "Runs on" a bit after turning it off
Custom Carpet/Interior done a couple of years ago
Seats fully redone and look great !
Wire wheels (A couple wobble a bit side to side)
New windshield
Engine compartment real clean and painted, carbs intake Man polished

As good as the car is it still needs some TLC in some mechanical areas.
Nothing big just little stuff.

You can see the car if you click here   http://www.rucompatible.com/triumph/
then click on   "Brag Book"
then go down about seven lines and you will see "Pat Leask's TR4A". This
gives a good overall picture... for more detail click on "Restoration Pics".

I'd appreciate any feed back on it's worth (Pls tell me US or Canadian)...
am I nuts ? Am I selling "One of ours" ??

Thanks All !
Pat