List

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: List
From: "David Connitt" <dconnitt@fuse.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 11:28:59 -0400
Hello to all,
I am going to correct my door openings before I replace my sills and floors
on my TR4A. The door restraints above the latches are about 1/8" to 1/4" too
far apart to close properly. I think this is a result of the PO removing the
weakened body to restore the frame without bracing the door openings.
I also found out that the body is bolted to the frame only by the front 4
attachment points ( 2 in front of the radiator and two along side the
engine.
Everything behind them are missing. I ordered a body mounting kit from TRF
today to get the missing pieces I need. I also think I am missing the rubber
strips between the frame and body. If you have been there, I added a section
to my web page regarding correcting the door opening that shows the rubber
washers placed between the bolt and the body instead of between the body and
the frame. This isn't correct is it?
I hope that if I can position the body correctly the door opening will close
up enough for the restraints to engage correctly. Then, on to replacing the
sills and floors..

Waiting for parts,

Dave Connitt
Cincinnati, OH