OD Update or OD Leak

To: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: OD Update or OD Leak
From: ebk@buffnet.net
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 07:06:45 +0000
From: "Ronnie Babbitt" <rbtr3a@home.com>
Subject: OD Update

Hi,
I removed the adapter plate from the gearbox and checked it as
suggested. I
placed a straight edge across the center line of the bottom mounting
holes,
there was a .005 th's gap in the center under the straight edge. Do I
need to
have to have this plate straightened? or is this a deflection that could
be
solved using a sealer?          -thanks Ronnie
Hi List!
        Question that I have reguarding Ronnie's question: If one was to used a
'thicker' gasket that would 'close' this gap, then what effect would
ocure to the workings? Ex- Say one used a 1/8" neopreming (sp) or high
pressure material gasket, then would that extra 1/8" or slightly less
[becaise of bolts compressing the gasket], effect the preformance of the
gearbox in any way?
-Cosmo Kramer