Re: vacuum pump

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: vacuum pump
From: ZinkZ10C@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 22:47:31 EST
<< I'm looking for a small vacuum pump as part of a PI electronic control
 experiment. I'm trying to supply more vacuum to the metering unit than is
 normally provided by the manifold. As a result I need very small volume of
 air moved at a maximum of 10 inches of mercury vacuum. >>

Ez solution!   Look for a Early/mid  80's Chevy Cavalire,Pontiac
Sunbird,Buick Skyhawk, Oldsmobile Firenza or Caddy Cimmiron.  Also look at
similar year rear drive GM station wagons.  These cars sometimes had a
electric powered vacuum pump for the brake booster.

The pump is usually located under the left fender just ahead of the front
wheel.  The pump is accessed from under the car, some have a plastic cover.
The target car will have a two wire vac switch on the brake booster.

Some of the GM station wagons ( mostly with Olds V8 engines) had a belt
driven vac pump, this is useful as well as all you would need is a old
washing machine motor to run the pump.

Harold