Re: TR-6 Intake manifold

To: asalvato@tampabay.rr.com, 105671.471@compuserve.com
Subject: Re: TR-6 Intake manifold
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 14:40:47 FILETIME=[E9A1B840:01C0B6CB]
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
>From: "Alan" <asalvato@tampabay.rr.com>
>To: "David Massey" <105671.471@compuserve.com>
>CC: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
>Subject: Re: TR-6 Intake manifold
>Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 00:21:11 -0500
>
>i put a new manifold on recently and just polished it; i didn't think that
>paint would hold up to the heat.
>al salvatore

I can't speak to the heat in a TR6... However I can talk about the heat in a
TR4 with headers running right next to the intake manifold... I didn't use
hammerite but plain old ordinary black Krylon, sprayed on in 1987. so far
there has been no blistering or cracking... the manifold only shows the
scuffs and scratches of repeated removals that I needed to finally solve my
starter problems.

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois       1962 TR4 (CT4852L)