lbc but non-Triumph

To: "Triumph Group (E-mail)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: lbc but non-Triumph
From: "Fisher, ED" <edwd@ti.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 08:05:28 -0600
Folks:

My wife and I have a 15 year old living with us that came from Mexico.  His
name is Rene', and we will be adopting him before the end of the summer.  I
have found a 1964 Austin Healy Sprite that I think I can pick up for less
than $1000.00 US dollars.  The car is rust free (we live in Texas) and
should run.  My question:  Are 64 Sprites problematic, or should I say any
more prone to difficulties than any other LBCs?  Are there any particular
areas that I should be aware of before purchasing?  I would appreciate any
advice.

Secondly, I must announce that I have been welcomed to the fold of Powder
Coaters!  With the gracious help and tutelage of Fred Thomas, Rene and I
have successfully begun powder coating the parts of a 1968 Chevrolet Camaro
Convertible that we are restoring.  May I just say that powder coating
really is everything that you have heard and more.

Ed Fisher
edwd@ti.com <mailto:edwd@ti.com>
Dallas, Texas