Need your input - Restoration/cleaning of parts

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Need your input - Restoration/cleaning of parts
From: Steve Reilly <Luckyone@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 21:27:35 -0500
Dear List,

I have 2 boxes of parts for my Work-In-Progress GT6+.  What is the best way
to restore or clean up these usable items?  Any advice on any particular
item is appreciated!

-Entire light assemblies, including Rubber Gaskets, metal bits, (good)
chrome bits.
-Heavy metal bits, such as the Brake/Clutch pedals
-Horns  (Can they be cleaned up well?)
-Brake Master assembly

Also, what is the best way (in your opinion) to paint metal items?  Any
particular brands/makes of paint suggested?  I am looking for durable
finishes.

Thanks for you time,

Steve Reilly