Re: TR4A Rubber Mat question???

To: bradlnss@lightspeed.net
Subject: Re: TR4A Rubber Mat question???
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 15:38:45 EST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 18-Mar-01 02:04:33 Eastern Standard Time,
bradlnss@lightspeed.net writes:

> My early 1965 TR4A (CTC 50497L) was supplied with front rubber floor mats
> that snap in and not carpets.
>
> My parts book says that rubber mats were a 'special order'.

Correct.  They were standard fit for a TR4 (mine is a "64 built in May'64).
that was what was in there when I picked up the car at Triumph in the UK.

> How many other TR4A (or TR4) owners have a set of these black rubber mats
> and does anyone know if they were a 'special order'???
>
> I believe TRF has reproduced the mats for the TR3. Anyone know if the TR4A
> mats are being reproduced?

I've been after TRF to do that fro the TR4 but don't know if they have yet.
When I put in a new carpet kit in '92, I just bought some fubber mats to
layon top of the carpet.  Not original but looks close.

Art Kelly '64 TR4 CT 33118L (original owner/ factory pickup)