It felt like old times

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: It felt like old times
From: "Gerald Van Vlack" <jerryvv@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 21:02:38 -0500
Today I had the pleasure to talk with Rich Rock about our mutual interest in
TR4's and found out that he bought the 4A that whipped the pants off of
everything at the autocrosses in the Pittsburgh area during the early 70's.
He tells me he continued the tradition after he purchased the car from the
original owner. Sadly he also says the car is not in the condition that I
remembered it to be. It's an interesting story and I must say I often
wondered what happened to the car. The short story is that the original
owner eventually took the car to SCCA Drivers School but ended up having a
back problem that forced the sale of the car. Fastest time of the day was
always between the 4A or a Cobra and depended upon how tight the course was
as to who would win. Even then it was a matter of who spent the most cash on
the latest improvements. I spent many an afternoon with chin in hand sitting
on the sidelines watching the two cars go at it. It was fun. Many thanks to
Rich for bringing back some nice memories of warm Sunday afternoons in
Pittsburgh enjoying Triumphs. All made possible by the list and others who
share mutual interests. I hope to meet Rich sometime soon and encourage him
to get the white 4A back on the track.
Regards
Jerry Van Vlack