RE: Old Cars and California License Plate politics - non CA listerscan

Subject: RE: Old Cars and California License Plate politics - non CA listerscan delete!
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 00:39:47 -0800
Cc: "Triumph Team. Net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Joe Curry wrote :

> Will STC cars be able to run their "REAL" year of manufacture plates
> or the bogus year plates annotated by the STC plate???   :)

The bill as written specifies 'year of manufacture', not 'year first sold',
which implies to me that the "real" year would be used.  Of course, it also
says 'model year', which isn't the same as 'year of manufacture', so who
knows ?

As Brad said, it most likely depends on the whim of your DMV representative.
I can't imagine why the DMV would care what year plate you used, but I'm
convinced that some of their people just like saying "No".

Randall