Re: Beck Arnley

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Beck Arnley
From: "Martin Secrest" <msecrest@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 15:52:48 -0500
Listers:

I have another bone to pick with Beck Arnley.

When my TR6 brake m/c started to leak,  I pulled it, honed and rebuilt the
sucker w/new seals.  I was just about ready to reinstall it when I noticed a
blue plate on the bottom of the m/c that said something to the effect that
"...this is a Beck Arnley oversize bore.  Rebuild only with a Beck Arnley
oversize kit."

Great.  As it turns out, Beck Arnley says they have a "2-month backorder"
for said kit, i.e., it's NLA.  Which of course forces me to buy another
brake m/c -- which is made only by -- guess who? -- Beck Arnley.

I'm sure when it comes time to rebuild this one in a few years, the oversize
rebuild kit will still be on a 2-month backorder.

--
Martin Secrest
72 TR6

The Beck Arnley cover was also more cheaply made with less