Clutch makes and sightings a.edu>

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Clutch makes and sightings a.edu>
From: "Kevin O'Driscoll" <ko3@columbia.edu>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 14:26:28 -0500 (EST)
I recently had a bad experience with a Beck Arnley clutch, I installed in
my daily driver Saab. The driven disk was too thick and it wouldn't turn
freely, I returned it and bought the 900 turbo clutch from a Saab
dealership.  The Beck Arnley cover was also more cheaply made with less
robust springs, compared to the OEM Saab part. Later I found that Beck
Arnly is not even approved as OEM replacement parts by Saab, and that my
experience was echoed by others.

A friend who knows about my TR4A  restoration project recently
approached me and asked me to restore her 1975 Mercedes 450SL
convertible/hardtop that has been sitting for a couple of years. It was
running fine when it was parked, is pretty clean of rust, but needs a
mechanical and cosmetic makeover. This "hobby" is fast becoming a way
for me to pay my way through business school!

-Kevin