TR6 clutch type

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 clutch type
From: "Sloan, Jim" <JSloan@talisman-energy.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 09:41:26 -0700
Bryan   - After putting in  2 new clutches in three years awhile back I
finally went to a Toyota   Landcruiser release bearing paired with a Sachs
pressure plate, as suggested by others on the list.   They have worked
perfectly for over a year.  E-mail me 'off  list' if you decide to go this
route and I can dig up my suppliers.  It's obviously important to get the
right part #s. While you're at it be sure to replace the bolt holding the
fork to the cross shaft, as it is prone to failure.  I   had the supplier of
the release bearing send me a new cross shaft which he  drilled right
through and he also included a much stronger, friction fit allen headed
bolt.
Jim Sloan, Calgary, AB