'69 Spit Convertible top

To: "Stephane St-Amant" <steph71tr6@crosswinds.net>
Subject: '69 Spit Convertible top
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 09:34:16 -0500
Cc: "Spitfires List" <Spitfires@autox.team.net>, "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by "Stephane St-Amant"
>I was wondering if the convertible top for the '70-'71 spitfire (with the
zippered window) will fit the '69 Spitfire (which doesn't come with a
zippered window)?

I'm in need of a new top, since the one I have is for the Herald/Vitesse
convertible (which is for sale BTW), and I think I'd like the zippered
window version better if it fits my car.
<

Steph,

I can not speak to the fittability of the later top to the earlier car but
I can say "Yes, you want the zippered window."  If the later, zippered
window does not fit your car consider having an uhpholstery shop adding a
zipper to what ever you do buy.  A friend of mine had that done to his
early Austin Healey top (that is not available with the zippered window).

Good luck

Dave